Uniflow Australia Pty Ltd ("Unifilter").
Unifilter highly values the strong relationships we have with our customers. Often these relationships have been built up over many years. The gradual introduction of data collection technology at Unifilter will be handled with full and proper respect for the privacy of our customers. To protect your privacy, you can visit Unifilter’s site without identifying yourself or having to reveal any information about yourself.
1. Your personal information: what do we collect, and how do we use it?
· We do not collect personal information when you visit our site unless you log on, place an order or register with us.
· When you place an order you will be asked for the following personal information: your name, e-mail address, mailing address, delivery address and any special delivery instructions and telephone number. We may share this information, and only that information which is absolutely necessary, with those third parties that are involved in the processing of your order. For example, the financial institution that issued your credit card and the shipping carrier that delivers your order.
· Unifilter is committed to reducing the amount of fraud it faces. Our policy is that we will prosecute any cases of fraud that we identify. As a first time customer, you may receive a telephone call or email requesting more information/proof to confirm the details that you have supplied to us. If any of the information you supply is found to be false or misleading, we will, if we deem it appropriate, report this to the appropriate authorities for them to prosecute.
· We do not share, sell, rent or barter any identifiable personal information to any third party without your permission.
· We have specials and clearance emails available to make your shopping and purchasing experience easier. Should you decide to subscribe, we will send you your requested information from time to time. You may unsubscribe at any time. Subscription to this service is optional and free.
· When you submit feedback or questions via e-mail, or contact us for information about our Web site, we will request your name and e-mail address. We use this information solely to respond to your inquiries.
· When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address, and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners. We may ask for other information to enable us to improve our site or to send you special offers.
· Our site contains links to other sites. Unifilter is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other Web sites.
· By default all web server log files capture IP addresses. We may use your IP to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our web site and to track web usage. This information is used internally and is not shared with anyone else.
Unifilter fully supports the 'National Privacy Principles for the Fair Handling of Personal Information' launched in February 1998. As part of these principles, customers who do not want to receive marketing offers through the mail or on the internet can contact us on (02) 4322 2007.
As the Federal Government introduces new privacy legislation – Unifilter’s privacy policies will be reviewed and updated as appropriate.
More information on privacy legislation is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au
Your computer will only store a maximum of 2kb of cookies. They are deleted on a first-in first-out basis. No other company has access to our cookies.
3. Emails from Unifilter
Unifilter has found that attractive, graphics-rich emails are a quick, effective and low-cost way to communicate with customers and prospects about new products, clearance and auction items. We maintain an opt-out, user-customizable subscription service of email addresses of people requesting promotional emails.
We do not want to send emails to you if you would prefer not to receive them. Therefore, every email provides a way for you to unsubscribe from future emails. We also have administrative procedures in place to remove email addresses and domains that consistently send failure messages to our email servers.
For credit card transactions, Unifilter adds security by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. This means that the credit card information you send is encrypted by your computer, and then decrypted again on our side, preventing others from accessing your private information in between. So, when using an SSL capable browser, shopping on Unifilter's web site is the safest kind of transaction possible with a credit card.
5. Changes You Can Make
To make any changes to your order or contact information, please contact us via email or phone (02) 4322 2007